You have been a great help for me during my legal affairs. You have been in court with me every appointment I have had and I would not have been able to have held it together as well as I have if it wasn’t for you.
Our court support and corrections worker meets with program users at the Correctional Center, attends court, probation meetings, and more.
The worker acts as an advocate for our program users throughout their navigation of the Justice system.
The services that the court support and corrections worker provides include:
- Housing Support
- One-on-One Court Support & Advocacy
- Providing information to help individuals understand charge(s) and their rights, options and requirements in the justice system
- Accompany individuals in court to provide an explanation of the process, orders, and sentences
- Prison Outreach (weekly meetings with clients at the Central Nova Scotia Correctional Facility every Monday from 1:30pm to 5:00pm)
- Referrals to services and/or agencies to develop a release plan and reintegration strategy for those exiting the correctional facility.
We aim to support the health, safety, and well-being of current and former sex workers by improving their access to legal supports and ensuring that they are well-informed of their legal rights.
I just wanted to say how grateful I have always been for all your support and so much more you have given me, through the most difficult and challenging past three years of my life.